Information about the Exam period in the 2022/2023 autumn semester
(5 – 22 December 2022 and 9 – 20 January 2023)
As the exam period is quickly approaching, we would like to share some information with you about the exams.
You can register for the exams on your Neptun page from 19 November 2022. If all your exam dates are not offered by this date, do not panic, your professors can offer more dates throughout the exam period, so get in contact with them.
To register for an exam, log in to Neptun, go to Exams – Exam registration and click the ‘+’ button next to it, then click Register.
Students sometimes get confused with the terms exam and final exam. The Final Exam is only for students in their last semester, it is basically the school leaving exam. The exams you need to take from your lectures are just regular exams.
Important rules to remember:
- You can register for an exam up to 24 hours before the exam date the latest.
- If you change your mind and decide not to take the exam, you can withdraw your registration up to 36 hours before the exam date. If you do not do so, your exam registration will be considered used.
- Only students who are registered for the exam may take the exam.
- You may have three examination opportunities in one examination period for one subject.
- If you fail an exam, you can retake it, but you can only register for the new exam date after the professor has registered your grade for the previous exam.
- If you pass the exam but are not satisfied with the grade, you may take the remedial exam this semester. It is important to note, however, that if the grade on the remedial exam is lower than the grade on your original exam, it will still be recorded. You also cannot take a remedial exam in a later semester.
- Unfortunately, you will have to pay for the third and all subsequent exam dates from each course. Even if, for example, you took the first two exams in the previous semester. The fee is 2500 HUF which you have to transcribe yourself.
- To transcribe an item, log in to Neptun, then choose the Finances – Payment menu. You will see a grey button labelled Transcribe item. If you click on it a pop-up window will show up. Please fill it out according to the following:
- Payment titles: Retake exam
- Terms: the current term, 2022/23/1
- Subject: the subject in question needs to be selected
- Then select Create item.
- After you created the item you can pay it as you would anything else. You can find all payment options on our website: https://btk.pte.hu/en/students/administration/cashdesk-and-finances
- In this case VPOS (credit card payment in Neptun) is most advisable, as that shows up the fastest in Neptun.
- There have been several cases recently where a student has indicated to us that they cannot access Neptun. Unfortunately, if you try to log in to Neptun with the wrong data more than 5 times, the system will automatically block you for 6 hours. This login number applies to any platform where your Neptun code is the login ID, so it could be MS Teams or even wifi. The most common is that your phone will not connect to wifi and the device will try again and again, reaching 5 tries pretty quickly. So please check your login details, maybe turn off automatic wifi connection on campus.
- There is a new password reseting site at the University, in case you cannot wait for the 6 hours to pass. If your phone number is correctly registered in Neptun, you will be able to reset your password with a code sent to your phone number. The site is https://password.pte.hu/
- Examination period:
5 December 2022 - 23 December 2022 and 9 January 2023 - 20 January 2023
- Final exam period (for final year students only):
19 December 2022 - 23 December 2022 and 9 January 2023 - 20 January 2023
- Recording grades in Neptun (professor):
24 January 2023, 12:00 noon
We would like to inform you that all buildings of the University will be closed between 24 December 2022 and 8 January 2023, and the Registrar's Office and the International Office will also be closed during this period.
We will only be able to answer your emails on 9 January 2023 the earliest, so we ask for your patience.
We wish you every success in your exams.
You can also download this guide as a PDF here.