- The status is indicated by matriculation, and lasts until either finishing your studies or dismissal or exmatriculation upon the student’s own will,
- to keep the status going in the first semester you need to matriculate in Neptun, in the further semesters the process is easier and is called enrolment in Neptun,
- a semester can be in active or passive (temporarily pending) status,
- in certain cases it is possible to enrol after the set deadline (late registration)
- it is only possible in active semesters to register for courses, complete subjects, taking exams, and also it is only active semesters you have to pay tuition fee for,
- you can have two passive semesters after each other without special permission,
- may you miss the enrolment for two semesters after each other (you do not set the coming semester to either active or passive) you will be dismissed,
The freshman is obliged to enroll and to set his/her status to active in NEPTUN (which is or Electronic Educational Administrative System or Integrated Educational System). The enrolment procedure will be done on the Orientation Days with the help of the colleagues of the Registrar’s Office.
To learn the procedure please click HERE.
The University of Pécs uses Neptun system from 2016 as an educational organizing platform. Its predecessor was ETR.
Students can reach this platform through a web site, the username (Neptun-code) and the password is provided by the Registrar’s Office on the Orientation day. The very same username-password combo can be used when accessing the Eduroam or the PTE-Public Wi-Fi area
For mistyping the password 10 times ends in the student being banned from the system for 6 hours, it is important to emphasize that in case of changing password the user is to change it on all devices she/he uses – these devices try to reach the Wi-Fi automatically so „mistyping” 10 times can be reached in seconds…
- It is possible to issue student certificate only as of the semester start (the first day of the instruction period)
- you can ask for it at your Registrar’s Office (short: RO) officer
- you can ask the RO officer to include a purpose of the certification in the text
- you can ask certification for passive semesters as well, and there is no limitation on the requested quantity
- certifications can be picked up personally or by a third party with the student’s authorization, or it can be sent to a given address or by email.
Planned Opening Ceremony: September, 2020, (Due to the pandemic situation, the date and form of the Opening Ceremony might change)
Dress code: The first formal occasion of the UP where you can see your professors and you must take the oath of the first year students. For the occasion formal clothing is required. For official events like this, and also later on for oral exams, boys will need a dark suit, white shirt and tie, while girls will need a white blouse and dark (black, navy, grey) costume (skirt and jacket).