According to Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Operational Regulation (III.4.1.) the scholarship holder may extend the scholarship period by a total of two semesters in Hungarian bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s programmes, requesting the semesters one-by-one, always at the end of the last scholarship-financed semester by the deadlines below.
Scholarships may not be renewed for doctoral, preparatory, specialization and part-time courses.
Steps of the procedure
1. A printed request signed by the student (explaining why the extension is necessary) has to be submitted to his/her Registrar’s Office AND to his/her home country's responsible authority (via e-mail).
2. In case your scholarship extension is supported by the Faculty, the support statement will be forwarded DIRECTLY to Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) by the Stipendium Hungaricum Office (SH Office) of the University of Pécs.
3. In case your scholarship extension is not supported by the Faculty, you will be informed by UP’s SH Office.
4. Your home country will send the reply about your extension request DIRECTLY to the TPF within two weeks from the extension request's submission deadline. If the partner country does not send its response to the TPF within two weeks TPF will make the scholarship extension decision on the basis of the information available.
5. Considering the information obtained from the Faculty and the partner country, TPF will make the final decision on the scholarship extension request, and inform the student, the partner country and the University (SH office) about the decision via email.
Please note: The extension can be considered as final only if it is approved by TPF in writing. Any extension without the approval of TPF may result in the withdrawal of the scholarship!
Please note: Due to the credit minimum regulation (III.3.7, 8) the extension decision can be revised after the end of the given semester. This means that the scholarship extension decisions can be cancelled if the scholarship holder cannot obtain at least 36 credits in her/his last two active semesters (applicable to scholarship holders started their scholarship status in or after the academic year 2018/19).
It is important to note that unfortunately neither the Registrar's Office nor the Stipendium Hungaricum Office of the University of Pécs can provide detailed information on the status of the scholarship, as the final decision is made by the Tempus Public Foundation. Notification is expected in July.
Stipendium Hungaricum Programme Operational Regulations, III.3. (6) The scholarship holder is, unless otherwise provided by the institutional regulation, require to fulfil the study, examination obligation and curriculum development by earning at least eighteen credits (i.e., earns a total of 36 credits) on the average of the last two (continuous) semesters in which the student is not suspended (minimum credit requirement). The recognised credits shall be always considered separately
Stipendium Hungaricum Programme Operational Regulations, III.4. (1)
e) During the extension, scholarship holders may not receive a scholarship or housing allowance
h) The provision under e) shall first be applied to students starting their studies in the 2020/21 academic year in an ascending order